These rules are to provide an understanding of acceptable behavior & to allow everyone as much fun as possible while remaining in a Safe, Sane & Consensual environment.
PARTY DO’S AND DON’T’S
- DO have a wonderful time with a great group of people.
- DO ensure that all activities are consensual between all involved parties.
- DO avoid touching players, equipment, or toys in an attempt to participate in someone’s scene without permission.
- DO refrain from playing in the same space that is being used by others, or otherwise crowding ongoing scenes. This is a distraction which may interfere with their concentration, or cause physical injury to involved parties.
- DO play at your current level of experience, to ensure the safety of all involved.
- DO feel free to bring your concerns about an ongoing scene to the attention of the DM, rather than interrupting it yourself. Only a DM is permitted to interfere with a scene.
- DO remove yourself from the area, if the content of a scene is too graphic or severe for you to watch. Get a cookie.
- DO be sure to notify a DM before you play if your scene is different, unusual, might unnecessarily alarm someone, or if you need special assistance.
- DO be respectful. Loud comments, gossip, and other noise can be a dangerous distraction to the scene participants.
- DO understand that in this public space, a certain level of noise is unavoidable – practice patience.
- DO notify a DM if you are going to take a photo.
- DO ensure that all people featured in your photographs gave their consent to be in your photographs. In addition to face photos, this includes anything with any sort of identifying mark or feature.
- DO clean up after your scene.
- DO use the absorbent pads that are provided, if any sexual activity takes place.
- DO feel free to smoke or vape in the designated smoking area outside, but not in the venue.
- DO remember that when asking someone for play, no means no.
- DO enjoy the alcohol you brought, without overindulging, and without sharing your alcohol with others.
- DO remember to wear street-legal clothing prior to entry to the venue, and anytime you are outside the venue for any period of time.
- DO remember that even if something seems dangerous to you, it may not be dangerous to those involved. Please ask a DM if you have questions regarding the participants’ safety.
- DON’T bring a firearm into any HPEP event, even if you have a permit to carry.
- DON’T bring (or be under the influence of) any illegal substances at an HPEP event, or participate in any illegal activities of any kind.
- DON’T take any video or sound recordings.
- DON’T be convicted of a sexual assault or sexual battery.
- DON’T be listed on a sexual registry list or sex offenders registry.
- DON’T harass or stalk a member. Be cool, not creepy.
- DON’T disregard any directive given to you by a DM.
- DON’T be nude, for any period of time, in the kitchen or food areas.
VIOLATION OF PARTY RULES CAN CONSTITUTE REMOVAL FROM THE PARTY OR EVENT, AND SUBJECT THE MEMBER TO SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION FROM HPEP.