A regular meeting of the HPEP Board of Directors was held at Midtown Bar & Grill on September 4, 2014. The meeting was called to order at 7:08 pm by Lord_MaXXimus.
Board Member Present:
Jenni28, Secretary & Financial Auditor
HellKittenJ, Membership Coordinator
QuirkyKimi, Volunteer & Charity Coordinator
SadisticLogic, Education Coordinator
Quorum Met: 6 of 6 Board members were present (4 required.)
Please refer to sign-in sheet as to other members who were also in attendance.
HPEP SIG / Officer’s Reports:
1. Alternate Relationship SIG, New Venue, 38 Attendees at last meeting, Topic was “Change”
2. BIG/littles SIG, no report
3. HELL SIG, no report
4. Sub Support Group SIG, no report
5. Switches SIG, no report
6. Top of the Slash SIG, no report
7. Newcomers Report, # Newcomers at Sun 8/17 Munch
8. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer’s Report for July & Aug were approved.
9. DM Report for Aug 23, 2014 Party was approved.
Motion was made & seconded to require a member to have attended a newcomers orientation before they can sponsor someone to a party. 5 Ayes/1 Nay, Motion carried
Motion was made & seconded to amend the party rules & newcomers booklet to include “No Nudity or Play Allowed in the food area.” Approved unanimously by board, Motion carried. A sign will also be made & put up at each party in the food area.
Board Meeting Agenda:
1. New Board Member / SIG Coordinator: Discussions are still underway. Post will be made online for volunteers/recommendations.
2. HPEP colors and where to have them housed for LUEY…. New colors will need to be made; need to find a new home bar, SadisticLogic to approach Tony’s.
3. What we can do or participate in to show support to the GLBTQ side of the community and promote some continuity between both sides:
We will keep announcing HPEP events at HCC meetings and will look into helping other groups with their events.
4. Future plans for the parking lot security: to be discussed next month, if still applicable.
5. Education at the Sunday munch: It was decided for no demos at the the munches, but will start adding a demo for the first hour of each month’s party. Post will be made online to invite current members out to mingle with the newcomers at the munches.
We are running low on the on-hand qty of newcomers booklets, HellKittenJ requested permission to update packets & get another 100 copies printed. Approved unanimously by board.
6. HEAT Contract
Board was notified by DrSam on 9/3/14 that the HEAT premise has already been reserved for another event on the 4th Saturday of September.
Discussions are under way with another venue to hold the Sept party at, possibility that this months party maybe moved to Friday instead of normal Saturday.
Motion was made & seconded to the Sept play party to new venue. Approved unanimously by board, Motion carried.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:09 pm by Lord_MaXXimus.
Next meeting tentatively set for Thursday, October 2, 2014 from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Bylaw proposals will be on the agenda.